Restaurant Review: Tanuki Raw

Saturday, March 21, 2015 Dinda Naya 0 Comments

Last weekend I decided to eat something a bit fancier. So I went to this restaurant located in Somerset, Tanuki Raw.


When I first entered the restaurant, the ambiance was pretty nice. It was cozy and it wasn't too crowded because I went there at 2 p.m., which is not the normal lunch hour. The staff greeted me, and she asked whether we want to eat inside the restaurant or outside. Since the weather was pretty warm, I decided to eat inside instead.


So for lunch, I decided to go with sushi and donburi.

The sushi came first and how delighted I am to see this delicate dish.


This dish is called Chicken of The Sea ($10). Basically it is a sushi roll with crispy salmon skin, topped with aburi salmon with yuzu sauce and chicken floss. It is truly lip-smacking!

Not too long after that, my donburi came.


Today I decided to go with Salmon Don (lunch hour price $12). It suitable for me which is a salmon lovers. It is a hearty Japanese rice bowl with fresh sliced salmon sashimi, lightly seared aburi salmon and with additional of plump ikura served with their homemade spicy mayo and yakiniku sauce. 

It was delicious and as a salmon fan I am more than satisfied to have this to fill my belly. The portion is just nice for me, it is not too small but not too big until I have food coma.

Overall I am very satisfied and I will recommend this restaurant to every one of you that wanted to eat Japanese dish. It is not suitable for me to eat here everyday since I am an uni student and I have my own budget too... but honestly speaking the food that they served is really worth the price as the ingredient that they use is very fresh and it would taste different with those cheaper Japanese restaurant.

TANUKI RAW
181 Orchard Road
#02-03 Orchard Central
Singapore 238896

ph: +65 6636 5949
tanuki@tanukibar.com

11.30 AM - 10.30 PM daily
11.30 AM - 03.00 PM lunch sets daily
05.00 PM - 08.00 PM happy hour daily
last orded of food at 09.45 PM and drinks at 10.15 PM

Please not that they don't take reservations




0 comments: